We play lots of games around our house. In fact, every Friday night is Game Night – where we’ll typically watch a movie and/or play games as a family. We have two kids, boys, ages as of today 4 and 8.
Some games get abandoned after a few plays, but others seem to have a staying power that we seem to play over and over again through the years. Sometimes we feel the need to tweak the rules to make things more interesting. Here are some amended rules for the beloved Candy Land Board Game:
Candy Land – Warlords Edition
- 1 LEGO Minifigure for each player
- At least one LEGO Minifigure weapon for each player
Game Setup Adjustments:
- Game starts as normal Candy Land – but using the LEGO Minifigures as player pieces.
- LEGO Minifigures carry no weapons at the start of the game.
- LEGO Minifigure weapons are stored in a pile off the board in a new zone called the “Armory”
- If you land on a GREEN space you may give your LEGO Minifigure a weapon from the Armory.
- If you land on a RED space and are carrying a weapon you must remove it and place it back in the Armory
- If you land on a space occupied by another player:
- If both you and the other player are carrying a weapon you must both roll a six-sided die to “battle” – the loser must then draw a card and move BACKWARDS to the color drawn.
- If only one of the players is carrying a weapon, the player without the weapon automatically loses and must draw a card and move BACKWARDS to the color drawn.